Why a Company needs to change its Registered Office?
1. When the current registered office is not in a location where the delivery of any posts is not enabled or the place is not easily located.
2. When the directors want the registered office of the Company nearby to their places.
3. When it is difficult for members to reach the registered office and inspect books of accounts or for attending general meeting.
4. When the corporate office and registered office are in different locations and managements prefers to have both the offices in same location.
Procedure to change registered office within Local Limits of City Town or Village
1. Board shall convene a Board Meeting to pass a resolution in its meeting for such change.
2. At least 7 days notice shall be given to Board members before the date of meeting.
3. Board meeting shall be conducted and resolution for change in registered office within local limits of City Town or Village shall be passed.
4. Identifying Police jurisdiction for new registered office.
5. Form INC-22 shall be filed with Registrar of Companies within 30 days of passing board resolution.
Documents required to change registered office within Local Limits of City Town or Village
1. Board Resolution to change registered office ( Download Sample Format)
1. Paint or affix its name, and the address of its registered office, and keep the same painted or affixed, on the outside of every office or place in which its business is carried on, in conspicuous position, in legible letters, and if the characters employed therefore are not those of the language or of one of the languages in general use in that locality, also in the characters of that language or of one of those languages.
2. Get its name, address of its registered office and the Corporate Identity Number along with telephone number, fax number, if any, e-mail and website addresses, if any, printed in all its business letters, billheads, letter papers and in all its notices and other official publications.
If any default is made in complying with above procedure then the company and every officer who is in default shall be liable to a penalty upto 12 times of normal fees.